Over the past year, my Department has engaged in curriculum review of our English major and its various concentrations in creative writing, teaching, technical and business writing, and English language learning and linguistics. After studying assessment results and considering our students’ needs, we decided to make some significant changes to the English BA. Here below is the way I used Venn diagramming to keep track of the revisions, some common to all concentrations and some particular to others. I’ll also use this diagram when I communicate these changes up through the curriculum review process at the college and university committee levels. Click on the image for larger view.